Hello and welcome to Busy Bee Creations. I am so happy to finally have a place to share my love of all types of paper crafting with everyone. Please take a look around and see the items that I have created. Paper crafting has gone from a hobby to a passion and has become my therapy. It has also helped me to make many wonderful friends and I look forward to making more through my blog. If anyone has any questions about my crafts, would like further information or a list of products used, just drop me an email. Please come back often. Things change around here pretty often. For my friends and family who aren't familiar with a crafting blog, you can click on the pictures to enlarge them. Enjoy and thanks for stopping by! NOTE: If anyone tries to become a follower and has trouble, please drop me an email and let me know. Seems blogger can be a bit tempermental. Thx!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Catching Up

Hey everyone,

It's been a while since I have posted.  It's been a little upside down and backwards around here lately.  Here are some of the things that I have been working on.  I hope to continue to chop away at that never ending craft to-do list.  Thanks for looking and enjoy!




This is the gift that I made for my mom for
Mother's Day.  (Sorry about the not so great
pic. It was tough taking a picture of a picture) 
This layout is based around the only existing
pictures of my Mom's entire family together.
It was located recently and my Mom was so excited
that I knew I had to do something with it for her.
Although most of the people in the picture
have since passed on, these are the people
of her roots (amd mine).  She loved
it and it's one of my favorites too
just for the meaning that it has.



 
I made this Get Well card for my
husband's uncle who recently
went through a rough patch.
I'm happy to say that he is slowly on the mend
and I hope that he liked his old-
fashioned Get Well greeting as much
as I liked making it.





These are this year's Mother's Day cards.
The top one was for my mom
and the bottom one for my Mother-in-law.
I love the pictue in the first one.  It
reminds me of when I was little and my
Mom bake pies and the crust from
scratch.  Yummm!








I have been dying to make one of these pots of flowers.
I actually bought everything last Spring and
never got around to it.  What a blast these are
to make and a great way to use up scraps.
I gave it to my sister-in-law who came
and paid us a surprise visit this past
weekend.  It was wonderful to see her and
it has been way too long.  I hope she
enjoys it.




I made this journal recently for my teenage niece.
The top picture is the outside cover and the
bottom picture is the inside where I made a
pocket and a matching bookmark.
The back inside cover matches too.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been quite busy!! All of your projects are wonderful! I LOVE the family page in the frame! Such a beautiful way to preserve that memory for your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Karen!! That picture is DIVINE! Don’t you just love that trim! What a wonderful gift you’ve made!
    Your Get Well Card is awesome as well! I love the vintage feel and all the inking. Amazing!
    Wow…your Mother’s Day Cards…can I just say I am blown away by how beautiful they are. And what I nice story to go along with the one for your mother.
    Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeee….I love that flower pot. What a great idea…hope you don’t mind if I scraplift this one for the new space once we move.
    Oh dear oh dear and the cute notebooks...Girl, you've been a busy busy little bee. ;) Much love to you guys!

    ReplyDelete